Basmati rice 6kg
Green cardamom 10gms
Black cardamom 10gms
Bay leaves 6no
Red chilly powder25gm
pure ghee 500ml
rose water 100ml
wash and soak rice for 30 minutes. Drain. Add half the whole garam masala
and salt to boiling water. Add rice and cook till rice is almost done.
2. Peel wash and dice potatoes and carrots
Trim and cut the cauliflower into florettes.
3. Peel and slice onions. Slit green chillies
4. Blanch the almonds. Cut into slivers
5. Whisk the curd and divide into two equal portions.
6. Dissolve the saffron in warm milk. Add one portion of the curd to the saffron and
7. Clean and chop coriander and mint.
1. Heat ghee add the the remaining whole garam masala and sauté.
2. Add onions sauté till golden brown, add green chillies, ginger and garlic pastes
sauté for a minute.
3. Then add turmeric and red chilly powder fry well.
4. Now add the vegetables and stir. Add the portion of plain curd stir add water bring
to a boil. Simmer till vegetables are cooked.
5. Add the nuts. Adjust the seasoning.
6. TO ASSEMBLE
In the vessel with the cooked vegetables, sprinkle half each of saffron flavoure
curd, mint and coriander. Then spread half the rice over the vegetables. Sprinkle
the remaining saffron curd, mint and coriander, spread the remaining rice. Sprinkle
7. Cover with a lid and seal with atta dough.
8. Put the sealed vessel on dum.
Well cooked and separated rice grains. Good mild flavour of aromatic spices.
Vegetables should be evenly cut, must be cooked al dente and must retain their
color. Served hot with a raita.