Lau Chingri No. of Portions – 100
Ingredients Qty Unit
Doodhi / 5 Kg
A thin curry, greenish yellow in colour, fairly pungent in taste. Doodhi should be cooked but must retain shape. The prawns should be tender and succulent. Adequately seasoned and served hot, ideally with a bowl of boiled rice.
Prawns (medium) 5 Kg
Green Chilly 100 Gm
Turmeric 20 Gm
Onion Seeds 20 Gm
Salt To taste
Sugar 100 Gm
Bay Leaf 5 Gm
Coriander leaves 1 bunch
Oil 500 Ml
1. Peel the doodhi and cut into cubes approximately the size of the shelled prawns.
2. Shell and de-vein the prawns, wash well and apply half the salt and turmeric.
3. Slit green chillies.
4. Clean and chop coriander leaves.
1. Heat oil and temper with onion seeds, bayleaf and green chillies.
2. Add the prawns and lightly fry them.
3. Add the doodhi and remaining salt and turmeric.
4. Add enough water to cover the mixture and cook till the doodhi is done, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.